Severe thunderstorm warning in effect currently for Mississauga
There is a severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga.
Environment Canada says meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
Environment Canada says the thunderstorm is west of downtown Toronto but east of Mississagua and may give 50 to 70 millimetres of rain over the next hour. Wind gusts up to 100 kilometres per hour are likely on the west side of Toronto. There is also the risk of a tornado with this severe thunderstorm over the next hour.
Residents are advised to take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
“If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance. Go indoors and move away from windows and skylights. Avoid driving through water on roads.”
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Hamilton, Burlington and Oakville
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
- Severe thunderstorm warning today for Uxbridge, Beaverton
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch Now in Effect for Mississauga
- Male shot in Mississauga, taken to trauma centre
- Police advising motorists to watch out for rogue cow in Milton
- Mangoes recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario due to Hepatitis A
- One arrested after loaded firearm found in Brampton
- Suspect on the run after early morning stabbing in Oakville