Severe thunderstorm warning in effect currently for Mississauga
There is a severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga.
Environment Canada says meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
Environment Canada says the thunderstorm is west of downtown Toronto but east of Mississagua and may give 50 to 70 millimetres of rain over the next hour. Wind gusts up to 100 kilometres per hour are likely on the west side of Toronto. There is also the risk of a tornado with this severe thunderstorm over the next hour.
Residents are advised to take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches. Heavy downpours can cause flash floods and water pooling on roads.
“If visibility is reduced while driving, turn on your lights and maintain a safe following distance. Go indoors and move away from windows and skylights. Avoid driving through water on roads.”
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch Now in Effect for Mississauga
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm and heat warning in effect for Mississauga
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19