Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Mississauga
Residents should be aware of some stormy weather in the forecast.
According to Environment Canada, meteorologists are currently tracking a cluster of severe thunderstorms capable of producing very strong wind gusts, up to nickel size hail, and heavy rain.
“This cluster of severe thunderstorms near Erin is moving east at 80 km/h,” the statement reads.
A warning is in effect as the heavy rainfall can cause flash flooding and water pooling on roads, while the hail and strong wind can potentially cause damages or injuries.
“The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.”
Residents are advised to stay cautious and keep an eye out for any further weather statements.
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Severe thunderstorms and flooding possible in Mississauga