Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Mississauga
Residents should be aware of some stormy weather in the forecast.
According to Environment Canada, meteorologists are currently tracking a cluster of severe thunderstorms capable of producing very strong wind gusts, up to nickel size hail, and heavy rain.
“This cluster of severe thunderstorms near Erin is moving east at 80 km/h,” the statement reads.
A warning is in effect as the heavy rainfall can cause flash flooding and water pooling on roads, while the hail and strong wind can potentially cause damages or injuries.
“The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.”
Residents are advised to stay cautious and keep an eye out for any further weather statements.
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
- Severe Weather Warning Back in Effect for Mississauga
- Severe Weather Warning Now in Effect For Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect currently for Mississauga
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU
- Ontario pharmacy COVID-19 vaccine pilot to begin next week with Oxford-AstraZeneca