Severe thunderstorm in the forecast for Mississauga
A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada says conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce strong wind gusts of up to 90 km/h.
The storm could begin mid-afternoon and persist into the late evening hours of July 27.
A heat warning is also in effect in the area.
“Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Locally heavy rain is also possible. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors,” Environment Canada said on its website.
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Another 7 flights with 38 rows affected land with COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- September a possible return to restaurant indoor dining cited by Mississauga mayor
- Peel orders closure of three businesses, one Bakery, in Mississauga