Severe thunderstorm in the forecast for Mississauga
A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada says conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce strong wind gusts of up to 90 km/h.
The storm could begin mid-afternoon and persist into the late evening hours of July 27.
A heat warning is also in effect in the area.
“Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Locally heavy rain is also possible. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors,” Environment Canada said on its website.
- Two Mississauga men enjoying big lotto wins
- Employee at Mississauga shopping centre tests positive for COVID-19
- These are the pharmacies offering COVID-19 tests in Mississauga
- The Keg is opening a brand new restaurant in Mississauga
- Mississauga mayor says city ticketed restaurants and individuals for violating gathering limits