Severe thunderstorm in the forecast for Mississauga
A severe thunderstorm watch is in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada says conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce strong wind gusts of up to 90 km/h.
The storm could begin mid-afternoon and persist into the late evening hours of July 27.
A heat warning is also in effect in the area.
“Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Locally heavy rain is also possible. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors,” Environment Canada said on its website.
- Some big changes coming to garbage and recycling in Mississauga
- House of the Week: Huge $3.9 mil house near Rattray Marsh
- Policy officer from Mississauga celebrating big lotto win
- Federal government identifies multiple flights that landed at Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Ontario nurses advocating for full province-wide lockdown to mitigate spread of COVID-19