Severe thunderstorm and heat warning in effect for Mississauga
Environment Canada says severe thunderstorm and heat warnings are in effect for Halton and Peel, with the thunderstorm warning only in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Caledon, Milton and Halton Hills
The heat warning is in effect for Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills.
As for the thunderstorm, Environment Canada says meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm capable of producing very strong wind gusts of up to 100 km/h and nickel size hail.
This severe thunderstorm is located near Sandhill, moving southwest at 30 km/h.
Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles.
The Office of the Fire Marshal and Emergency Management recommends that you take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.
As for the heat, Environment Canada says very hot weather is expected for the weekend and possibly into Monday.
Daytime temperatures of 29 to 33 degrees (with a humidex 36 to 39) are expected.
Nights are expected to stay warm as well.
The risks of heat are greater for young children, pregnant women, older adults, people with chronic illnesses and people working or exercising outdoors.
Residents are reminded to never leave people or pets inside a parked vehicle.
- Severe thunderstorm warning currently in effect for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect currently for Mississauga
- Severe thunderstorm warning in effect for Mississauga this afternoon
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning in Effect for Mississauga
- A severe thunderstorm watch is now in effect for Mississauga
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- Face-coverings now required in common areas of condos and apartment buildings in Mississauga
- Police hoping to identify man who reversed into a woman in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga