Severe Thunderstorm And Flood Watch Now In Effect For Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the Halton-Peel region.
Thunderstorms are forecast to develop this afternoon into this evening.
Intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms can cause flash floods in urban areas; however, flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries is not expected. Due to the flash floods, local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
The public is advised to stay away from all watercourses.
Credit Valley Conservation will continue to monitor weather and water levels in the watershed.
This flood outlook will be in effect through Sunday, July 21th, or until further notice.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Anyone caught violating the EMCPA will be fined between $750 and $1,000
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined