Severe Thunderstorm And Flood Watch Now In Effect For Mississauga
Environment Canada has issued a severe thunderstorm watch for the Halton-Peel region.
Thunderstorms are forecast to develop this afternoon into this evening.
Intense rainfall associated with thunderstorms can cause flash floods in urban areas; however, flooding of the Credit River and its major tributaries is not expected. Due to the flash floods, local streams and rivers could become dangerous, especially in the vicinity of culverts, bridges and dams.
The public is advised to stay away from all watercourses.
Credit Valley Conservation will continue to monitor weather and water levels in the watershed.
This flood outlook will be in effect through Sunday, July 21th, or until further notice.
- Walmart opens brand new facility in Mississauga
- Here's what you need to know about the new regulations for airlines
- VIDEO: aftermath of fatal crash in Mississauga
- Popular gourmet American doughnut shop opening first Ontario location in Mississauga
- A Peel police officer has been charged with sexual assault