Several paramedics and firefighters hospitalized following chemical fire in Mississauga
A fire has sent several people to the hospital this evening.
Police confirmed that a chemical fire broke out in the area of Mavis Road and White Clover Way, although the exact cause of the fire has not yet been disclosed.
In addition to several responding paramedics and firefighters being hospitalized, early reports indicate one person has been pronounced dead.
“Our thoughts are with the Peel Paramedics and Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services members in hospital,” said the Peel Paramedic Union, who says this is still an active incident.
More information to come as the investigation continues.
Residents should avoid the area until further notice.
OPSEU277) September 13, 2020
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- City issuing big tickets at private gatherings in Mississauga this weekend
- Police responding for female pedestrian struck by vehicle in Mississauga
- OPINION: Mississauga anti-maskers event doing more harm than good
- All COVID-19 cases in Mississauga schools for the week of September 14 to 19