Several paramedics and firefighters hospitalized following chemical fire in Mississauga
A fire has sent several people to the hospital this evening.
Police confirmed that a chemical fire broke out in the area of Mavis Road and White Clover Way, although the exact cause of the fire has not yet been disclosed.
In addition to several responding paramedics and firefighters being hospitalized, early reports indicate one person has been pronounced dead.
“Our thoughts are with the Peel Paramedics and Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services members in hospital,” said the Peel Paramedic Union, who says this is still an active incident.
More information to come as the investigation continues.
Residents should avoid the area until further notice.
OPSEU277) September 13, 2020
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Peel’s top doctor says Mississauga’s lockdown could work in short-term, says more needs to be done long-term to address spread
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – November 24
- Lack of Canadian vaccine production means others could get inoculations first: PM