Several paramedics and firefighters hospitalized following chemical fire in Mississauga
A fire has sent several people to the hospital this evening.
Police confirmed that a chemical fire broke out in the area of Mavis Road and White Clover Way, although the exact cause of the fire has not yet been disclosed.
In addition to several responding paramedics and firefighters being hospitalized, early reports indicate one person has been pronounced dead.
“Our thoughts are with the Peel Paramedics and Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services members in hospital,” said the Peel Paramedic Union, who says this is still an active incident.
More information to come as the investigation continues.
Residents should avoid the area until further notice.
OPSEU277) September 13, 2020
- Firefighters on scene of apartment fire in Mississauga
- Paramedics and fire crews responding to heavy fire at business in Mississauga
- UPDATE: One person found dead following fire at Mississauga apartment building
- Paramedics on Scene for Condo Fire in Mississauga
- Two Taken to Hospital After Condo Fire in Mississauga
- One postal code in Mississauga has a startling 21% COVID-19 positivity rate
- Trudeau pushes back against travel restrictions as Mississauga's Pearson Airport continues to see COVID-19 cases
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Starbucks shuts down two Brampton locations because of COVID-19