Several paramedics and firefighters hospitalized following chemical fire in Mississauga
A fire has sent several people to the hospital this evening.
Police confirmed that a chemical fire broke out in the area of Mavis Road and White Clover Way, although the exact cause of the fire has not yet been disclosed.
In addition to several responding paramedics and firefighters being hospitalized, early reports indicate one person has been pronounced dead.
“Our thoughts are with the Peel Paramedics and Mississauga Fire and Emergency Services members in hospital,” said the Peel Paramedic Union, who says this is still an active incident.
More information to come as the investigation continues.
Residents should avoid the area until further notice.
OPSEU277) September 13, 2020
- Pearson Airport in Mississauga welcome 19 international and 13 domestic flights with COVID-19
- Mass COVID-19 vaccination clinic opens in Mississauga
- Mississauga residents 80 and older can now book their vaccines
- Special weather statement in effect for Mississauga and Brampton
- Region of Peel calls flyer asking Mississauga parents to completely isolate their COVID-positive children a “mistake”