Several Mississauga Schools Earn Prestigious Distinction
Good news Mississauga students (and parents of Mississauga students), a few of the city’s elementary schools recently netted good grades on the Fraser Institute’s Report Card.
Some top scorers in Mississauga include the IQRA Islamic elementary school, the Olive Grove School and St. John of the Cross.
All three schools received perfect scores, keeping good company with other top-ranked schools on the list of over 3,000 academic institutions.
Other top scoring schools included Avondale Alternative elementary school in Toronto, Alexandra Public School in Lindsay, Ontario and the Islamic School of Hamilton in Hamilton.
Other highly rated schools include ISNA Islamic (22 out of 3,064), St. Rose of Lima (22 out of 3,064) and St. James Elementary School (27 out of 3,064).
The Fraser Institute ranks schools using publicly-available data such as average scores on province-wide tests.
Parents wondering why their child’s school is not included should note that not all schools are included in the rankings.
The Institute says schools will be excluded if they do not receive enough data from the provincial ministry of education to fairly rate the school.
“For example, elementary schools in Ontario that do not enroll grade 6 students will not be included in the rankings,” The Fraser Institute writes on its official website. “The reason for this is that we must have student results data from province-wide testing that is conducted in grade 3 and grade 6. So, if a school is excluded that doesn’t mean it is an ineffective school or that the school did something wrong. It just means that we don’t have enough student results data to fairly rate the school.”
All in all, Mississauga’s impressive amount of high ranking schools is encouraging.
Enjoy this good news going into the holiday season and to all of those who students who worked hard to boost their school’s profile—congratulations!
For more info, click here.
- 14-Year-Old Arrested After Threat Made Against Mississauga High School
- Ontario Residents Warned to Avoid Certain Types of Lettuce Following Illness Outbreak
- Black Friday Shopping is Easier Than Ever Before in Mississauga
- A Mississauga-Based School Has Made it Onto an Exciting List
- Police Investigating Suspicious Fire at Children’s Playground in Mississauga
- Is Your (or Your Child's) Mississauga School a Good One?
- Four Mississauga Schools Set to Go Under Construction
- Mississauga Schools Receiving $3 Million in Upgrades
- Ontario Universities Are Paying Close Attention to These Mississauga High Schools
- Mississauga School Receives Substantial Amount of Grant Money