Seven Brampton postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
Several areas in Brampton are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 28 to March 6.
Of the top 50 listed, seven are in Brampton:
L6P at 7.20% (area of The Gore and Castlemore)
19th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (7th highest during previous week)
L6Y at 6.60% (area of Chinguacousy and Steeles Ave W)
30th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (24th during previous week)
L6S at 6.58% (area of Williams Pkwy and Bramalea Rd)
31st highest percent positivity area in Ontario (8th during previous week)
L6R at 6.29% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy E and Torbram)
36th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (18th highest during previous week)
L7A at 6.10% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy W and Chinguacousy)
39th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (31st during previous week)
L6V at 5.98% (area of Williams Pkwy and Kennedy Rd N)
44th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L6X at 5.94% (area of Williams Pkwy and James Potter Rd)
46th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 28 was 2.7% (versus 2.5% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.7%)."
Out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel has the second highest COVID-19 percent positivity at 5.00%, ending a period of at least four weeks during which Peel had the highest percent positivity in the province.
Thunder Bay was listed first at 5.77%, and Ontario overall was listed eighth at 2.67%.
The top ten public health units are listed above
The full data is available to read here.
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- One Brampton neighbourhood has the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Seven areas with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity are in Brampton
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Two Mississauga neighbourhoods among those with highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Man shot in central Hamilton, street closed
- Brampton truck driver sentenced to prison after 2019 collision that killed three
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Suspect sought after carjacking in Mississauga
- Police after four suspects who stole $10,000 of items from Milton Shoppers Drug Mart