Seven Brampton postal codes have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
Several areas in Brampton are among those with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity rates (percentage of positive COVID-19 tests in the area) in Ontario, according to recent data from Toronto-based research group ICES.
ICES listed postal code areas in Ontario with the highest percent positivity rates for the week of February 28 to March 6.
Of the top 50 listed, seven are in Brampton:
L6P at 7.20% (area of The Gore and Castlemore)
19th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (7th highest during previous week)
L6Y at 6.60% (area of Chinguacousy and Steeles Ave W)
30th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (24th during previous week)
L6S at 6.58% (area of Williams Pkwy and Bramalea Rd)
31st highest percent positivity area in Ontario (8th during previous week)
L6R at 6.29% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy E and Torbram)
36th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (18th highest during previous week)
L7A at 6.10% (area of Sandalwood Pkwy W and Chinguacousy)
39th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (31st during previous week)
L6V at 5.98% (area of Williams Pkwy and Kennedy Rd N)
44th highest percent positivity area in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
L6X at 5.94% (area of Williams Pkwy and James Potter Rd)
46th highest percent positivity neighbourhood in Ontario (not listed during previous week)
"For all Ontario residents, the overall percent positivity among those tested for COVID-19 during the week of February 28 was 2.7% (versus 2.5% the previous week)," ICES reported. "The percent positivity was lower among persons living in long-term care homes (0.3%), compared to those not living in long-term care (2.7%)."
Out of all of Ontario's 34 public health units, Peel has the second highest COVID-19 percent positivity at 5.00%, ending a period of at least four weeks during which Peel had the highest percent positivity in the province.
Thunder Bay was listed first at 5.77%, and Ontario overall was listed eighth at 2.67%.
The top ten public health units are listed above
The full data is available to read here.
- Eight Brampton areas still have Ontario's highest COVID-19 percent positivity
- Four postal codes in Mississauga with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- One Brampton neighbourhood has the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- Seven areas with the highest COVID-19 percent positivity are in Brampton
- Six areas in Mississauga have some of the highest COVID-19 percent positivity in Ontario
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton