Serious crash closes all lanes on Highway 401 in Mississauga
Residents should be aware of an incident causing highway delays this evening.
At 8:13 p.m., OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported a serious collision involving up to six vehicles on eastbound Highway 401 approaching Winston Churchill.
Injuries range from minor to serious in nature, Schmidt reports.
All eastbound lanes are closed with only the shoulder open. Delays are also expected on the westbound side potentially due to the distraction.
Emergency crews and paramedics are attending the scene.
More information to come.
UPDATE: One child has been taken to a trauma centre in serious but non-life-threatening condition. Multiple other people are being hospitalized with varying injuries.
Highway 401 remains closed at Trafalgar Road at this time.
- All lanes closed following highway crash on the 401 in Mississauga
- Lanes Blocked On Highway 403 Eastbound Due To Collision
- PHOTOS: Several injured in multi-vehicle highway crash in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Major Collision On Highway 401 Eastbound Causing Delays In Mississauga
- Collision On Highway 401 Eastbound Causing Delays In Mississauga
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga