Serious crash closes all lanes on Highway 401 in Mississauga
Residents should be aware of an incident causing highway delays this evening.
At 8:13 p.m., OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt reported a serious collision involving up to six vehicles on eastbound Highway 401 approaching Winston Churchill.
Injuries range from minor to serious in nature, Schmidt reports.
All eastbound lanes are closed with only the shoulder open. Delays are also expected on the westbound side potentially due to the distraction.
Emergency crews and paramedics are attending the scene.
More information to come.
UPDATE: One child has been taken to a trauma centre in serious but non-life-threatening condition. Multiple other people are being hospitalized with varying injuries.
Highway 401 remains closed at Trafalgar Road at this time.
- Archaeological artifacts found at site of a proposed hotel in Mississauga
- PICK A SIDE: What's the minimum amount to tip at a restaurant?
- PHOTOS: History-making, 18 million square foot development planned for Mississauga
- More snow coming to Mississauga this weekend
- Really Old School Restaurants in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Several injured in multi-vehicle highway crash in Mississauga
- Lanes Blocked On Highway 403 Eastbound Due To Collision
- PHOTOS: Major Collision On Highway 401 Eastbound Causing Delays In Mississauga
- Collision On Highway 401 Eastbound Causing Delays In Mississauga
- All Lanes Blocked On Highway 401 Eastbound Due To Collision