Serious Collision Prompts Highway Closure in Mississauga
A serious collision that has potentially left a person without vital signs has prompted police to shut down part of the 401 in Mississauga.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt from the Ontario Provincial Police Highway Safety Division, a major collision that involved multiple vehicles and serious injuries occured on the eastbound 401 at Winston Churchill Blvd. shortly after 6 p.m.
Sgt. Schmidt has said that police are in the process of closing the highway in the affected area. He also said that a victim has possibly been found without vital signs.
As of now, traffic is being diverted off the highway at Trafalgar.
Please avoid the area.
- Police searching for suspect of sexual assault and robbery in Mississauga
- CLOSURE: Two Pakistani restaurants closed for health violations in Mississauga
- Very Exciting Event Coming to Massive Entertainment Facility
- World premiere of huge attraction coming to Square One in Mississauga
- Canadian government warning residents to beware of convincing new SIN scam
- Highway Closure Prompted by Shooting in Mississauga
- Mississauga Woman Dead After Collision on Highway 403
- OPP Provide Update Into Major Highway 401 Collision Including Four-Year-Old Girl
- PHOTOS: Major Collision On Highway 401 Eastbound Causing Delays In Mississauga
- VIDEO: Three People, Including Two Children, Transported To Hospital After Collision On Highway 401