Serious Collision Prompts Highway Closure in Mississauga
A serious collision that has potentially left a person without vital signs has prompted police to shut down part of the 401 in Mississauga.
According to Sgt. Kerry Schmidt from the Ontario Provincial Police Highway Safety Division, a major collision that involved multiple vehicles and serious injuries occured on the eastbound 401 at Winston Churchill Blvd. shortly after 6 p.m.
Sgt. Schmidt has said that police are in the process of closing the highway in the affected area. He also said that a victim has possibly been found without vital signs.
As of now, traffic is being diverted off the highway at Trafalgar.
Please avoid the area.
- Police Investigating Shots Fired into Mississauga Residence
- PHOTOS: Here is Everything That’s Coming to the New Food District in Square One in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- Police Make One of the Largest Gun Seizures in Region’s History
- Report Suggests Criminal Money is Driving Up Housing Prices in the GTA