Self-employed Mississauga woman celebrating big lotto win
Christmas has come early for a lucky Mississauga woman.
OLG says that Dianne Teixeira won "Ontario's jackpot" - $511,577.30 in the September 12, 2020 Lottario draw. Teixeira also won $78 on her other Lottario selections - bringing her total winnings to $511,655.30.
“I play my own numbers,” Teixeira told OLG.
The self-employed franchise owner was checking her tickets at home while enjoying her coffee.
“At first I thought I won $511, but when I double-checked I realized it was bigger,” she said.
The mother and grandmother immediately told her daughter about her big win.
“I also woke up my husband to show him and he thought I was lying,” she told OLG.
Teixeira told OLG that she plans to put her winnings toward home renovations and to help her daughter purchase a home.
The winning ticket was purchased at Beckers on Bellshire Gate in Mississauga.
OLG is now accepting in-person prize claims by-appointment-only for customers with prizes of $1,000 or more who wish to claim at the OLG Prize Centre.
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.