Select residents can get help with snow clearing in Mississauga this winter
If you have trouble with snow clearing because of your age or another challenge, you might be eligible to receive some help from the city this coming winter.
The City of Mississauga recently announced that it's now accepting applications for its Windrow Snow Clearing Program—a program that's is available for up to 300 residents who are 65 years or older or who have a physical disability.
The city says program participants can expect to have a three-metre space in their windrow (the pile of snow left at the end of a driveway after the street has been plowed) cleared during the winter season.
The program does not include the clearing of the whole driveway.
"We understand the challenges that some residents face when it snows," said Mickey Frost, Director, Works Operations and Maintenance, in a statement.
"Our windrow service makes winter easier for program participants to deal with throughout the season."
The city says winter crews will clear a space in a resident's driveway beginning up to 36 hours after the end of a snowstorm and when road plowing is completed.
Windrow snow clearing may not be to the bare pavement but will make the driveway safe and passable for one car to get in and out.
The program starts Nov. 30, 2020, and ends March 12, 2021. The program typically costs $200 but is free for residents who meet financial assistance criteria.
The last day to apply is Friday, Nov. 6, 2020, at 4:30 p.m.
As for how to apply, residents who are interested in the program can download and print an application form or pick one up at any community centre service desk.
Residents can submit the completed form and required documents in-person at any community centre service desk, by email at rec [dot] info [at] mississauga [dot] ca or by mail to the following address:
Recreation Customer Service Centre
Paramount Fine Foods Centre
5600 Rose Cherry Place
Mississauga, ON L4Z 4B6
For more information, click here.
- Some Residents Can Apply for City’s Driveway Windrow Snow Clearing Program
- Some Residents Can Get Help with Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Some Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Select Residents Eligible for Free Snow Clearing in Mississauga
- Changes coming to snow clearing in Mississauga
- Man reportedly threatening to shoot people in building in Mississauga: Police
- Ontario, Peel Region show drop in COVID cases today, but technical issues may be the reason
- MAYORS CHAT: Bonnie Crombie chats about Mississauga - January 18, 2021
- Changes coming to garbage pickup this winter in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize