Second Suspect Arrested Following “Vicious” Attack on Man With Autism in Mississauga
A second suspect has been arrested after turning himself in following a vicious and high-profile attack on a man with autism in Mississauga, police say.
Peel police say that on Tuesday, March 13 at approximately 10:45 p.m., officers were called to the scene of a violent assault that occurred in the Square One bus terminal.
The victim of the assault has been identified as a 29-year-old man with autism.
The disturbing video shows three suspects punching and kicking the victim as he sits at the bottom of a flight of stairs changing his shoes. Police say the victim was taken to local hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.
Shortly after the video was released, police said that evidence suggested the three suspects were from British Columbia.
On Monday, March 26 at approximately 5:00 a.m., 25-year-old Ronjot Singh Dhami turned himself into police. Prior to turning himself, he was the subject of a Canada-wide arrest warrant.
"He was arrested and taken into custody," says Peel police Const. Harinder Sohi. "He's going for a bail hearing later on today and he's the second person arrested of the three we've seen in the video."
On Friday, March 23, investigators--with the assistance of Windsor police--arrested and charged another suspect, 21-year-old Parmvir 'Parm' Singh Chahil, for aggravated assault in Windsor.
On the day of Chahil's arrest, police also charged 44-year-old Windsor woman Hardip Padda and 18-year-old Windsor man Harmanvir Chahil for accessory after the fact. The accused parties were released on a promise to appear and are scheduled to be in court on May 2.
Police say the third male allegedly involved in the incident has not yet been positively identified, but may go by the first name "Jason."
Investigators are appealing for witnesses, or anyone who may have information concerning this investigation to contact 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau at (905) 453-2121 Ext 1233.
- What's Open and Closed on Thanksgiving Day in Mississauga
- Here’s when Mississauga’s newest park will be opening
- Trudeau attends Mississauga rally in bulletproof vest due to security threats
- One Beer Store location will remain open in Mississauga on Thanksgiving
- Walmart launches brand new (and super fast) delivery service in Mississauga
- Suspect Arrested Following Disturbing Attack on Man With Autism in Mississauga
- Police Identify Second Suspect Wanted in “Vicious” Attack on Autistic Man in Mississauga
- Third Suspect Sought in Assault Against Man with Autism in Mississauga
- Third Suspect Charged in Assault Against Man with Autism in Mississauga
- Police Say Windsor Homicide Victim Once Lived in Peel