Big lottery prize has Brampton resident not believing her eyes
Second prize has delivered $50,000 to a Brampton lottery player.
Vaishali Ramdharry claimed the prize recently by playing in the January 16 draw of Ontario 49.
Ramdharry, 36, said she is a weekly lottery player. "I used the OLG Lottery App to check my tickets. I had a few smaller wins, but when I got to my ONTARIO 49 ticket, I couldn't believe my eyes! I checked it several times and then thanked God!"
She said once she found out she was a winner, she had to wake up her husband to tell him the good news.
"He was very happy and excited! And turns out he is a lottery expert and knew what our next steps were to validate the ticket," she laughed.
Ramdharry said she plans to save her winnings for a buffer for emergencies. "This feels amazing - I just wish I could take my children on a trip to celebrate!"
The winning ticket was purchased at Circle K on Balmoral Dr. in Brampton.
- Brampton lottery player tried something new and wins the top prize
- Brampton ticket holder may have a huge unclaimed lottery prize
- A $1 million prize went to a lottery player in Ontario but no jackpot winner
- Massive Lottery Prize Ticket Sold in Mississauga
- Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Still no answer from feds as eight more flights and 67 rows affected by COVID-19 at Pearson Airport in Mississauga