Second person arrested in relation to Brampton protest
A second person has been charged in relation to a protest that occurred in Brampton in early March.
On Thursday (March 11), 30-year-old Jodhveer Dhaliwal of Caledon was arrested and charged with assault causing bodily harm.
The arrest is related to a protest that occurred in early March in Brampton-the protest was in relation to the Indian government's treatment of farmers.
This is the second arrest as part of this investigation-Jaskaran Singh, a 27-year-old Toronto resident was arrested on March 5.
Additionally, Peel Regional Police (PRP) is working to ensure any protests, rallies, or gatherings that occur in the Region adhere to the current restrictions in place-Peel is currently in the Province's grey - lockdown zone.
"Provincial Offences Notices may be issued to individuals or organizers who do not comply with this order," reads a release from PRP.
- Alleged organizer of Brampton protest issued summons for violating COVID-19 restrictions
- Indian farmers’ protest causing traffic delays on major roadway in Brampton
- Brampton protest leads to assault charge against relative of NDP leader Jagmeet Singh
- Man arrested for alleged assault during rally in Brampton
- Brampton Man Charged in Relation to Collision Involving Pedestrian in Mississauga
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fight breaks out at gas station in Brampton
- Give AstraZeneca vaccine to residents 18+ in hotspot areas like Mississauga and Brampton: Ontario Liberal leader