Scugog honoured by MISA for IT Strategic Plan
Published July 7, 2022 at 8:50 am
The Township of Scugog was honoured recently by the Municipal Information Systems of Ontario (MISA) for their IT Strategic Plan.
Scugog was recognized for Customer Service Improvements Through Technology, joining Durham Region and the Town of Ajax who were also honoured by MISA for ‘Excellence in Municipal Systems.’
Every year MISA recognizes municipalities, individuals within municipalities and organizations for excellence in the use and delivery of technology. A panel made up of representatives from various municipalities selects award recipients from all nominations received. This year’s winners were recognized at the 2022 MISA Ontario Annual Conference and Trade Show in London.
- Furtherance of a municipality’s strategic objectives using information technology
- Demonstrated improvement in service delivery to clients, citizens, or businesses
- Innovation in comparison to peers or like-sized municipalities
- Cost savings or avoidance that contributed to increased productivity and/or revenue
- Efficiencies the initiative provides
- Scalability of implementation
- High level of collaboration between IT and other organizations
Scugog’s IT Strategic Plan was cited for its demonstrated improvement in service delivery to clients, citizens, or businesses through the use of technology for online permits, forms, payments, and public engagement.