Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
At least two schools are under hold and secure in Mississauga after reports of a person with a gun.
“We’re currently searching for that individual,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Harinder Sohi.
The male is in crisis, say police at 2:55 p.m.
The incident is unfolding in Meadowvale-Lisgar, where the call came in at 2:44 p.m.
Schools under hold and secure include Trelawny Public School and Our Lady of Mount Carmel Secondary School.
A Trelawny teacher came back into the school and reported seeing a male with a gun in a nearby park.
Students won’t be allowed to leave until the investigation has wrapped, said Sohi.
School buses are backed up.
The Peel school board says all staff and students are safe.
UPDATE: The hold and secure has been lifted at both schools as of 3:40 p.m.
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- These are the companies currently hiring amid COVID-19 pandemic
- First Ontario-produced masks ready for use, Premier Doug Ford says
- City councillor furious after fire set in sports field in Mississauga
- Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Mississauga Schools Placed in Hold and Secure Following Fight
- UPDATE: Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Reported Stabbing
- Six Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga