Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
At least two schools are under hold and secure in Mississauga after reports of a person with a gun.
“We’re currently searching for that individual,” said Peel Regional Police Const. Harinder Sohi.
The male is in crisis, say police at 2:55 p.m.
The incident is unfolding in Meadowvale-Lisgar, where the call came in at 2:44 p.m.
Schools under hold and secure include Trelawny Public School and Our Lady of Mount Carmel Secondary School.
A Trelawny teacher came back into the school and reported seeing a male with a gun in a nearby park.
Students won’t be allowed to leave until the investigation has wrapped, said Sohi.
School buses are backed up.
The Peel school board says all staff and students are safe.
UPDATE: The hold and secure has been lifted at both schools as of 3:40 p.m.
- Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Mississauga school in hold and secure while police look for male in "state of undress"
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Mississauga Schools Placed in Hold and Secure Following Fight
- UPDATE: Multiple Schools Under Hold and Secure Following Reported Stabbing
- Drivers charged after four tow trucks involved in street racing in Milton: Police
- $1 million lotto prize was won by a lottery player in Ontario
- Police searching for suspects after church vandalized in Mississauga
- Cheese, ranch seasoning, mangoes and more recalled from stores in Mississauga, Brampton and Ontario
- Police on scene for reports of suspicious package in Mississauga