Schools Placed Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
Several schools in Mississauga were placed under a hold and secure when a suspicious male was seen in the area of Darcel and Morningstar Drive, according to the Mississauga News.
The man was spotted a little after 10 a.m. and was thought to possibly be carrying a knife.
The News reports that the police made a quick arrest. Nobody was hurt and it's unclear if any weapons were involved.
The schools placed under hold and secure (meaning the doors to the school were locked and nobody could enter or leave) were: Lincoln Alexander Secondary School, the Early Years Learning Centre, Morningstar YMCA, Dunrankin Public School and Holy Cross Elementary School.
The hold and secure order has since been lifted.
There's no word yet on the suspect's identity or what he was doing at the time.
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- More Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Gun-Related Incident in Mississauga
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- One school in lockdown and others in hold and secure following fight in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga While Police Investigate Reports of Suspect Armed with Knife
- How Dundas & Hurontario Looked Back in the Day
- Top 5 Chicken on the Rocks in Mississauga
- Ontario ticket holder claims $1 million Maxmillion prize
- Police stop truck going over double the speed limit in Mississauga
- Region providing money to residents who want to build basement apartments in Mississauga