Schools Placed Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
Several schools in Mississauga were placed under a hold and secure when a suspicious male was seen in the area of Darcel and Morningstar Drive, according to the Mississauga News.
The man was spotted a little after 10 a.m. and was thought to possibly be carrying a knife.
The News reports that the police made a quick arrest. Nobody was hurt and it's unclear if any weapons were involved.
The schools placed under hold and secure (meaning the doors to the school were locked and nobody could enter or leave) were: Lincoln Alexander Secondary School, the Early Years Learning Centre, Morningstar YMCA, Dunrankin Public School and Holy Cross Elementary School.
The hold and secure order has since been lifted.
There's no word yet on the suspect's identity or what he was doing at the time.
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- More Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Gun-Related Incident in Mississauga
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- One school in lockdown and others in hold and secure following fight in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga While Police Investigate Reports of Suspect Armed with Knife
- COVID-19: Ontario reports 700 new cases, 104 of those in Peel
- Mississauga home involved in part of large fentanyl seizure
- New rules regarding children in leash-free zones and smoking in parks are now in effect in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged in large Halton drug bust
- PHOTOS: New platform and pavilion now open at a Mississauga GO Station