Schools in Mississauga in hold and secure due to suspicious package
Two schools are in hold and secure following the discovery of a suspicious package in Mississauga, police say.
Peel police say that a suspicious package was located around 10:20 am on Nov. 18 in the Novo Star Dr. and Dolly Bird Ln. area.
Police say that St Veronica and Le Flambeau Elementary School (Ecole elementaire Le Flambeau) are in hold and secure.
Officers are on scene investigating.
Updates to follow.
Police say the package has been determined to be discarded used fireworks. The hold and secure has been lifted at both schools.
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Multiple Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- At Least Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- BRAMPTON'S MOST WANTED: Peel Police hunt four men on the run
- Ontario pulls AstraZeneca from arms of Mississauga, Brampton reisdents over renewed fears of blood clots
- Three dozen Mississauga residents ticketed at outdoor gatherings
- MAYORS CHAT: Mississauga Mayor Bonnie Crombie chats about COVID-19, vaccines and tickets - May 11, 2021
- Most and least expensive homes in Mississauga