Schools in Mississauga in hold and secure due to suspicious package
Two schools are in hold and secure following the discovery of a suspicious package in Mississauga, police say.
Peel police say that a suspicious package was located around 10:20 am on Nov. 18 in the Novo Star Dr. and Dolly Bird Ln. area.
Police say that St Veronica and Le Flambeau Elementary School (Ecole elementaire Le Flambeau) are in hold and secure.
Officers are on scene investigating.
Updates to follow.
Police say the package has been determined to be discarded used fireworks. The hold and secure has been lifted at both schools.
- Mississauga schools in hold and secure due to suspicious activity: Police
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Multiple Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- At Least Four Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Popular cafe closing down for good in Mississauga
- Rental prices falling as the year winds to a close in Mississauga
- Police investigating robbery at gunpoint in Mississauga
- Today’s data shows Peel Region has returned to having the highest new COVID-19 cases in Ontario
- Almost all illegal guns coming into Mississauga and Brampton are from the U.S.