Schools in Hamilton and Halton Region will re-open on February 8
Schools in Halton Region and Hamilton will re-open next week.
Ontario Education Minister Steve Lecce just announced his government's plan to get students back into their classrooms which means students in Hamilton and Halton Region will now join several school boards in the rest of the province by re-opening on February 8.
"Ontario is ready to open schools because it is safe," said Lecce adding that medical experts across the province agree with the move.
Lecce said all measures are in place to open the schools which, he believes, is the most appropriate way for students to learn.
"If things change we won't hesitate to change course," he said.
Lecce said local public health departments will continue to have the authority to close schools if there is a public health threat.
- Schools in Mississauga and Brampton will re-open on February 16
- Lecce aims to reassure parents after Quebec schools see 47 COVID cases
- Ontario students begin return to class today as some boards reopen schools
- Ontario students won’t be getting an extended winter holiday
- Is Ontario getting set to send Mississauga and Brampton students back to classrooms?
- Mississauga men celebrating big lotto wins as the machine froze
- Hamilton Police release photo of suspects accused of killing Tyler Pratt in Stoney Creek
- Here’s where restaurants in Mississauga do their shopping – Mississauga’s Largest Cash and Carry
- Some Mississauga councillors express frustration as Peel’s top doctor recommends city enter the grey/lockdown category this month
- Peel Regional Police officer who shot 16-year-old during Mississauga bank robbery not facing charges: SIU