Schools in Hamilton and Halton Region will re-open on February 8
Schools in Halton Region and Hamilton will re-open next week.
Ontario Education Minister Steve Lecce just announced his government's plan to get students back into their classrooms which means students in Hamilton and Halton Region will now join several school boards in the rest of the province by re-opening on February 8.
"Ontario is ready to open schools because it is safe," said Lecce adding that medical experts across the province agree with the move.
Lecce said all measures are in place to open the schools which, he believes, is the most appropriate way for students to learn.
"If things change we won't hesitate to change course," he said.
Lecce said local public health departments will continue to have the authority to close schools if there is a public health threat.
- Schools in Mississauga and Brampton will re-open on February 16
- Lecce aims to reassure parents after Quebec schools see 47 COVID cases
- Hamilton public school board to ask province to reopen elementary schools for last week of June
- Ontario students begin return to class today as some boards reopen schools
- Hamilton public schools will not reopen next week
- Moderna will be the only vaccine used until mid July in Mississauga and Brampton for adults
- Maxmillion lotto prizes won in Mississauga, Burlington, Milton and jackpot in Toronto
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- Today more Mississauga and Brampton residents now eligible to book accelerated second vaccine dose