School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
One school is under lockdown while another is under hold and secure this afternoon in Mississauga.
Police say they got a call at 1:41 p.m. regarding reports of a party possibly armed with a weapon in the area of Applewood Heights Secondary School, west of Tomken at Bloor Street.
Applewood Heights is currently under lockdown. Another school in the area, St. Thomas More, is under hold and secure, police report.
Officers are at the scene investigating.
UPDATE: Police say the incident was unfounded and there is no party with a weapon. The lockdown and hold and secure have been lifted.
- Police Investigating Shots Fired into Mississauga Residence
- UPDATE: Arrest Made in Connection with Armed Kidnapping of 22-Year-Old
- Police Make One of the Largest Gun Seizures in Region’s History
- Police Searching for Missing Mississauga Male
- Report Suggests Criminal Money is Driving Up Housing Prices in the GTA
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- Six Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Seen in Mississauga