School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
One school is under lockdown while another is under hold and secure this afternoon in Mississauga.
Police say they got a call at 1:41 p.m. regarding reports of a party possibly armed with a weapon in the area of Applewood Heights Secondary School, west of Tomken at Bloor Street.
Applewood Heights is currently under lockdown. Another school in the area, St. Thomas More, is under hold and secure, police report.
Officers are at the scene investigating.
UPDATE: Police say the incident was unfounded and there is no party with a weapon. The lockdown and hold and secure have been lifted.
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- One school in lockdown and others in hold and secure following fight in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- Six Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- One arrested, two suspects sought for carjacking of mother and three year old daughter in Mississauga
- More parkland is coming to one of Mississauga’s busiest neighbourhoods
- Province confirms route for new highway that will run through Peel
- Peel District School Board says parents have 10 days to decide whether or not to send their children back to class
- Ontario reports fewer than 100 new cases of COVID-19 for sixth day in a row