School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
One school is under lockdown while another is under hold and secure this afternoon in Mississauga.
Police say they got a call at 1:41 p.m. regarding reports of a party possibly armed with a weapon in the area of Applewood Heights Secondary School, west of Tomken at Bloor Street.
Applewood Heights is currently under lockdown. Another school in the area, St. Thomas More, is under hold and secure, police report.
Officers are at the scene investigating.
UPDATE: Police say the incident was unfounded and there is no party with a weapon. The lockdown and hold and secure have been lifted.
- Do We Still Need The Catholic School System in Mississauga and Ontario?
- Severe Thunderstorm Warning Currently in Effect in Mississauga
- Peel District School Board Concerned About New Private School Lobbying Group
- Mississauga Man Seriously Injured in Collision in Milton
- House of the Week: $1.5 Mil Home With Stunning All-White Bathrooms
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Six Schools Under Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga