School Under Lockdown Due to Possible Weapon Sighting in Mississauga
One school is under lockdown while another is under hold and secure this afternoon in Mississauga.
Police say they got a call at 1:41 p.m. regarding reports of a party possibly armed with a weapon in the area of Applewood Heights Secondary School, west of Tomken at Bloor Street.
Applewood Heights is currently under lockdown. Another school in the area, St. Thomas More, is under hold and secure, police report.
Officers are at the scene investigating.
UPDATE: Police say the incident was unfounded and there is no party with a weapon. The lockdown and hold and secure have been lifted.
- Mississauga School in Lockdown After Weapon Reportedly Seen
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- Four Schools Put Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Reported in Mississauga
- One school in lockdown and others in hold and secure following fight in Mississauga
- Schools Under Hold and Secure After Weapon Seen in Mississauga
- Heavy police presence responding to report of firearms in Mississauga
- PHOTOS & VIDEO: There's a Mississauga park in Japan with a replica city hall
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Warbird planes fly through Mississauga and Brampton skies
- Residents of Mississauga, Brampton, and Canada considering relocation to more rural areas
- Dead man found in vehicle in Mississauga