School under hold and secure after attempted robbery in Mississauga
Officers are on scene for an investigation this afternoon.
Police were called at 1:20 p.m. for an attempted robbery at a pharmacy in the area of Hurontario Street and Glenn Hawthorne Boulevard.
The suspect, reportedly armed with a gun, is described as a black male, 5’8”, wearing a black hoodie and black pants.
“To facilitate a safe investigation, St. Francis Xavier Secondary has been placed in a hold and secure,” police say.
The school remains under hold and secure until further notice.
UPDATE: The hold and secure has been lifted. The robbery investigation is ongoing.
- Mississauga School Under Hold and Secure for Weapons-Related Investigation
- Schools Under Hold and Secure After Convenience Store Robbery in Mississauga
- Two Schools in Hold and Secure Due to Bank Robbery in Mississauga
- School Under Hold and Secure Due to Possibly Armed Suspect in Mississauga
- Two Schools Under Hold and Secure Due to Police Investigation in Mississauga
- Police investigating reports of man trying to enter occupied cars in Mississauga
- Here are all the places that now require masks or face coverings in Mississauga
- Justin Trudeau speaks out about racist tirade at Mississauga grocery store, police say they’re investigating
- Film and television studio opening third location in Mississauga
- Restaurant in Square One in Mississauga appears to have closed down for good