Mississauga School Closures to Take Note of Due to Severe Weather
Environment Canada is calling for some pretty extreme weather today (Tuesday, February 12). Mississauga is expected to see a combination of 15 to 25 cm of snow and ice pellets, possibly some freezing rain, along with strong winds continuing into tonight.
As a result, all Mississauga schools will be closed today (Feb. 12), marking the third snow day in three weeks.
According to the Peel District School Board's Twitter, all schools and offices within the school board will be closed, including busing and all before and after school programs.
All schools within the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board are also closed today.
Likewise, Sheridan College and U of T Mississauga are both closed as well.
Enjoy your snow day Mississauga!
- Update from the Peel District School Board regarding COVID-19
- Canadian military preparing to get involved in COVID-19 pandemic
- Indigo lays off 5,200 employees, stores closed indefinitely
- Close to 1,000 cases of COVID-19 recorded in Ontario, with 41 new cases found in Peel
- Pusateri’s responds after being called out for price gouging by Doug Ford