School Board Says Mississauga Elementary School in Hold and Secure
The Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board (DPCDSB) says that a Mississauga elementary school was in hold and secure due to a police investigation in the area.
Shortly after 2:30 p.m., the DPCDSB said that St. Catherine of Siena School was in hold and secure in response to police activity in the area.
The school is located at 2350 Hurontario St.
NOTICE: St. Catherine of Siena School @SienaDPCDSB is currently in Hold & Secure due to a police investigation in the area.— DPCDSB (@DPCDSBSchools) April 1, 2019
The board shared the news on Twitter and the official DPCDSB website.
Police could not confirm that a hold and secure was in place in the area.
No information on the reported investigation is available at this time.
The board said the hold and secure was lifted at 2:44 p.m.
UPDATE: The Hold & Secure at St. Catherine of Siena School has been lifted.— DPCDSB (@DPCDSBSchools) April 1, 2019
- Mississauga home prices stabilizing amid COVID-19 pandemic
- An employee of a Real Canadian Superstore in Mississauga has contracted COVID-19
- LATEST: Ontario and Mississauga COVID-19 numbers as of April 5, 2020
- City councillor furious after fire set in sports field in Mississauga
- Two residents fined for using closed skate park in Mississauga
- Mississauga School Under Hold and Secure for Weapons-Related Investigation
- School in Hold and Secure After Man Spotted With Possible Gun in Mississauga
- Mississauga School Under Hold and Secure
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- School under hold and secure after attempted robbery in Mississauga