School Board Says Mississauga Elementary School in Hold and Secure
The Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board (DPCDSB) says that a Mississauga elementary school was in hold and secure due to a police investigation in the area.
Shortly after 2:30 p.m., the DPCDSB said that St. Catherine of Siena School was in hold and secure in response to police activity in the area.
The school is located at 2350 Hurontario St.
NOTICE: St. Catherine of Siena School @SienaDPCDSB is currently in Hold & Secure due to a police investigation in the area.— DPCDSB (@DPCDSBSchools) April 1, 2019
The board shared the news on Twitter and the official DPCDSB website.
Police could not confirm that a hold and secure was in place in the area.
No information on the reported investigation is available at this time.
The board said the hold and secure was lifted at 2:44 p.m.
UPDATE: The Hold & Secure at St. Catherine of Siena School has been lifted.— DPCDSB (@DPCDSBSchools) April 1, 2019
- Mississauga School Under Hold and Secure for Weapons-Related Investigation
- School in Hold and Secure After Man Spotted With Possible Gun in Mississauga
- Mississauga School Under Hold and Secure
- One School in Lockdown and Others in Hold and Secure in Mississauga
- School under hold and secure after attempted robbery in Mississauga
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases
- A frost advisory in effect for Mississauga