School board budget survey allows Burlington, Oakville, Milton residents to have their say
Published February 17, 2023 at 4:02 pm
Residents in Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Halton Hills are being invited to have their say on how the Halton District School Board spends its money for the upcoming school year.
The school board is encouraging parents/guardians, staff, students and members of the community to provide input on its 2023-2024 budget priorities through an on online questionnaire.
The questionnaire can be found here. The survey will be open until March 6, 2023.
Before replying to the budget survey, residents are invited to review the Board’s Multi-Year Plan 2020-2024, Special Education Plan and Operational Plan.
The budget development process aligns the allocation of resources to the Board’s strategic priorities and operating goals identified in the annual operating plan. The plan lists the Board’s key strategic commitments:
- Equity & Inclusion champion supportive and inclusive practices to ensure equitable access to positive opportunities and outcomes for all
- Mental Health & Well-Being strengthen safe and caring environments that promote well-being
- Learning & Achievement create learning conditions to elevate student achievement
- Environmental Leadership take action for a sustainable world
- Indigenous Perspectives & Awareness promote knowledge and understanding of Indigenous perspectives and realities
Community members are also able to delegate to the Board of Trustees. To do that, follow the HDSB’s Delegation Procedure.