Scammers targeting Canadians via text messages
Toronto Centre MP Bill Morneau is warning Canadians not to be fooled into clicking on a text link claiming to be pertaining to the Canada Emergency Response Benefit.
#ScamAlert: The Government is NOT sending text messages regarding the new Canada Emergency Response Benefit. If you have received a text message regarding the benefit, do not click the link.— Bill Morneau (@Bill_Morneau) March 26, 2020
Canadians are reminded official government entities will never provide important information to citizens via text, and the best place to find reliable information regarding the government is via their website.
- Mississauga Residents Warned of Text Message Scam
- Government to provide $1250 a month for students with Canada Emergency Student Benefit
- Here's what day you're asked to apply for the Canada Emergency Response Benefit
- SCAM ALERT: Banking Text Message Scam Picking Up Steam
- A New Text Message Scam is Targeting People in Mississauga and Beyond