SCAM ALERT: Beware of this Fake Citizenship Scam in Mississauga
If you’re a non-status immigrant seeking Canadian citizenship, you should beware of scams that promise to deliver it for a fee.
Peel Regional Police are warning the public not to fall for scams from people who claim to be with the Canadian government, and who claim that they can secure your Canadian status in exchange for a money transfer.
According to police, government agencies (as well as reputable businesses) will never ask you for personal information over the phone. That personal information includes your date of birth, your social insurance number, your work location, your credit card or banking information, and any of your passwords.
If you have been a victim of this scam or any other sort of fraud, contact police as soon as possible. You can call their Fraud Bureau at 905-453-2121 (ext. 3335).
(Photo from Peel Regional Police Twitter.)
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- Exciting Nuit Blanche-Type Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- Magazine Names Mississauga One of Canada’s Best Locations