Mississauga man wins $1 million lottery prize then puts his ticket aside for 30 minutes
It's cold and snowy out, but Mississauga's Wayne Watt is feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.
That's because the Mississauga resident is wrapping himself up in $1 million.
Watt, 63, has just collected his prize from the May 30, 2020 Lotto 6/49 draw where he was the winner of the guaranteed $1 million prize.
He said he was just relaxing at home on a Sunday when he discovered he had joined the ranks of Canada's million dollar club.
"I was scanning my tickets using the OLG lottery app like I normally do," he said. "When I saw 'Big Winner' come up, I was so excited. I put my ticket aside for 30 minutes and then checked it again."
Watt said when he told his wife she didn't believe his good fortune until he showed her his validation slip.
The winner says he has some definitive plans for the money. "I'm going to pay some bills, help my grandkids and put some money aside. I am going to make sure everyone is taken care of."
The winning ticket was purchased at the Shell gas station on Rexwood Rd. in Mississauga.
- A $1 million prize went to a lottery player in Ontario but no jackpot winner
- $1 Million Lottery Ticket Was Sold in Mississauga
- $1 million lottery prize was won by a ticket in Ontario on Saturday's draw
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday's one-million dollar prize
- Quebec ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot; $1 million prize won in Ontario
- Thirteen tickets won a massive lottery prize in Ontario but no jackpot
- VIDEO: Fire destroys Mississauga Road mansion
- Ontario ticket holder wins Saturday’s $9.4 million Lotto 649 jackpot
- UPDATE: Brampton teen drowns in Halton Hills area
- House of the week: $4.5 mil Mississauga Road home with gorgeous outdoor features