Rollover in Mississauga closes major intersection
Published June 2, 2021 at 12:00 am
A major intersection in Mississauga was briefly closed on Tuesday night after a car flipped over, causing delays along the Erin Mills Parkway.
Peel Regional Police were notified at 7:05 p.m. EDT that a car had rolled over at the intersection of Erin Mills and Windwood Drive. As a result, the parkway was reduced to one southband lane, while the westbound lane on Windwood was closed as police officers tended to the scene. One person received minor injuries.
Both roadways were reopened by 8:30 p.m., about 85 minutes after PRP received the report.
– Windwood Dr/Erin Mills Pkwy #Mississauga
– #PRP attended for a car flipped over in the intersection
– W/B Windwood shut down
– S/B Erin Mills Pkwy down to 1 lane
– Awaiting update on any injuries
– Expect delays in the area
– R/C 7:05pm
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) June 1, 2021
– Roadways have been fully reopened
– Minor injuries sustained
— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPolice) June 2, 2021