Roads closed due to ongoing demonstration in Mississauga
Residents should be aware of potential traffic delays in Mississauga this afternoon.
Police say roads leading to the intersection of Goreway Dr and Morning Star Dr are closed due to an ongoing demonstration on the roadway.
Motorists are advised to take alternate routes.
Peel police issued a statement earlier today reminding residents that while police support the right to peacefully gather, they’ll also be enfocing the limits on public gatherings due to the current stay-at-home order.
Organizers of large gatherings (five or more people) may be issued tickets or court summonses.
“We remind you to be mindful and respectful of Provincial, Regional and Municipal guidelines when gathering,” police said.
More information to come.
- Potential traffic delays due to car rally today in Brampton
- Police asking residents to shelter in place due to ongoing incident in Oakville
- Here’s how many charges were issued for gatherings over the Easter long weekend in Mississauga
- Major fines issued following crowded Diwali celebration
- Roads Closed Following Separate Crashes in Mississauga
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Starbucks close two Brampton locations to deal with COVID-19
- Peel Public Health orders Mississauga business to close due to outbreak of COVID-19