Road Closures in Mississauga During the Ontario Summer Games
While some very talented athletes perform in the Ontario Summer Games this Saturday morning, us regular folk will have to watch out for road closures due to the event.
Road cycling is happening at Lakeside Park, which means a portion of Lakeshore Road West will be closed, according to the Mississauga News. Specifically, the west parking lot at Lakeside Park to Windston Churchill Boulevard.
Northbound traffic will be closed from Lakeshore to Royal Windsor Drive, the south half of Royal Windsor will be closed, and Avonhead Road will be closed from Royal Windsor to Lakeshore.
Two-way traffic will be in effect on the north side of Royal Windsor. Delays are expected from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Road closures are also in effect for the triathlon at Jack Darling Park from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Finally, there will be no entry or exit into Jack Darling Park before the race. There will be two-way traffic on the westbound lanes of Lakeshore, and the eastbound lanes of Lakeshore Road will be closed from the park to Brueckner Rhododendron Gardens.
- Mississauga grandfather celebrating big lotto win
- Police searching for suspect following sexual assault at GO station in Mississauga
- A McDonald's location inside a Walmart in Mississauga has temporarily closed down due to a COVID-19 case
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – September 25
- Police investigating pharmacy robbery in Mississauga