Road Closures in Mississauga During the Ontario Summer Games
While some very talented athletes perform in the Ontario Summer Games this Saturday morning, us regular folk will have to watch out for road closures due to the event.
Road cycling is happening at Lakeside Park, which means a portion of Lakeshore Road West will be closed, according to the Mississauga News. Specifically, the west parking lot at Lakeside Park to Windston Churchill Boulevard.
Northbound traffic will be closed from Lakeshore to Royal Windsor Drive, the south half of Royal Windsor will be closed, and Avonhead Road will be closed from Royal Windsor to Lakeshore.
Two-way traffic will be in effect on the north side of Royal Windsor. Delays are expected from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Road closures are also in effect for the triathlon at Jack Darling Park from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m.
Finally, there will be no entry or exit into Jack Darling Park before the race. There will be two-way traffic on the westbound lanes of Lakeshore, and the eastbound lanes of Lakeshore Road will be closed from the park to Brueckner Rhododendron Gardens.
- Mississauga Family Needs Help After Brutal Murder of 14-Year-Old Boy
- Seven Mississauga Residents Charged After Guns and Grenades Seized by Police
- Federal Government Warning Women Not to Travel to these Vacation Destinations
- Police Searching For 13-Year-Old Girl Missing For Two Days
- Violence Against Teachers on the Rise in Mississauga