ROAD CLOSURE: One Man Dead Following Collision in Mississauga
One man has died following a collision that occurred in Mississauga.
According to police, the man - a pedestrian - was struck by a vehicle at Hurontario Street and Eglinton Avenue.
The vehicle remained on scene.
Police initially reported that the man had life-threatening injuries.
Police have since said that the male pedestrian has died as a result of his injuries.
Now, the Major Collision Bureau and Forensic Identification Services are attending the scene.
Any witnesses have been asked to contact investigators at 905-453-2121 ext. 3710 or provide info through Crime Stoppers.
As a result of the collision, road closures are currently in effect to facilitate an investigation.
According to police, there is no access to the intersections.
Police are advising drivers to use alternate routes.
Delays are expected.
We will provide updates as they become available.
Update: The roadway has been re-opened. Thank you for your patience.— Peel Regional Police (@PeelPoliceMedia) April 24, 2019
- Police on Scene After Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Man Suffers Life-Threatening Injuries After Being Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle in Mississauga
- Police Seek Witnesses After Pedestrian Struck in Mississauga
- Police on Scene Following Pedestrian Being Struck in Mississauga
- Mississauga man charged after hate-motivated incident
- Newly-released data indicates that Mississauga is a hotspot for COVID-19
- Ontario is giving drive-in movie theatres the clear to reopen
- Restaurant evacuated due to fire in Mississauga
- Mississauga student receives one of Canada's most coveted scholarships