Road Closure in Effect Due to Water Main Break in Mississauga
A road closure is currently in effect in Mississauga due to a water main break that occurred overnight.
According to police, the water main break occurred on Bloor Street. And as a result, Bloor Street is closed between Cawthra and Tomken.
The Region of Peel Works Department is dealing with the break, and police say water levels have been receding.
Workers are awaiting road cleaning equipment to deal with the debris on the roadway.
We will provide updates as they become available.
UPDATE: According to police, the roadway has reopened.
- Ontario ticket holder wins $70 million Lotto Max jackpot
- Roadway shut down after pedestrian struck by vehicle, seriously injured in Mississauga
- International travelers are walking out of Mississauga's Pearson Airport and ignoring quarantine rules
- 49 fines issued for travellers refusing COVID-19 test at Mississauga's Pearson Airport; Peel police won't issue further fines
- House of the Week: $2.2 mil Sheridan home with stunning backyard