Road Closed Following Transport Truck Crash on Mississauga Border
by Ashley Newport on August 14, 2018
A major road closure is causing traffic delays in Oakville, just outside of Mississauga.
Halton police say that northbound Ninth Line is closed in the Highway 407/403 and Burnhamthorpe Rd. W. area following a single-vehicle collision involving a transport truck.
Police say the truck crashed into a hydro pole.
Hydro lines are down as a result.
The closure will likely remain in effect through the afternoon, affecting the rush hour commute.
Residents are advised to avoid the area.
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Fire Breaks Out in Mississauga
- Owning a Home Officially Cheaper Than Renting, Report Says
- Hugely Popular Restaurant Set to Open in Square One in Mississauga
- How Much Do You Have to Give Up to Afford a Downpayment in Mississauga?
- Transport Truck Accident Closes Major Intersection in Mississauga
- Live Wires on Ground After Truck Hits Hydro Pole in Mississauga
- Part of Major Highway Closed in Mississauga After Truck Jack Knife
- Police Cracking Down on Transport Truck Drivers
- PHOTOS: Part of 401 Closed Due to Truck Collision in Mississauga