Road Closed After Tree Nearly Falls on School Bus in Mississauga
Police have announced a road closure following a dangerous incident this afternoon in Mississauga.
At 3:27 p.m., police got a call regarding a fallen tree that narrowly missed a school bus in the area of Clarkson and Sayers Road, north of Southdown at Lakeshore.
According to police, 72 school children (ranging between 7 and 10 years old) were on the bus at the time of the incident.
There were no injuries.
The occupants are being loaded onto another bus, police say.
Sayers Road is closed as the tree is being removed from the scene.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- BREAKING: Fried Chicken Festival Changing Location in Mississauga
- New Mississauga Location for Fried Chicken Festival Revealed
- Mississauga Set to Consider Ambitious Multi-Million Dollar Climate Change Plan
- For All Canadian Breaking Bad Fans This is Disappointing
- Justin Trudeau Pledges to Ban Assault Weapons Following Mass Shooting in Mississauga
- Road Closed After Truck Crashes into Tree in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Tree Falls onto Vehicle in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: Police on Scene in Mississauga Due to Fallen Hydro Poles
- Peel Police Respond to a Fallen Tree in Mississauga Causing a Power Outage
- Police Launching "Back to School" Road Safety Campaign