Road Closed After Tree Nearly Falls on School Bus in Mississauga
Police have announced a road closure following a dangerous incident this afternoon in Mississauga.
At 3:27 p.m., police got a call regarding a fallen tree that narrowly missed a school bus in the area of Clarkson and Sayers Road, north of Southdown at Lakeshore.
According to police, 72 school children (ranging between 7 and 10 years old) were on the bus at the time of the incident.
There were no injuries.
The occupants are being loaded onto another bus, police say.
Sayers Road is closed as the tree is being removed from the scene.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Road Closed After Truck Crashes into Tree in Mississauga
- Police on Scene After Tree Falls onto Vehicle in Mississauga
- ROAD CLOSURE: Police on Scene in Mississauga Due to Fallen Hydro Poles
- Peel Police Respond to a Fallen Tree in Mississauga Causing a Power Outage
- Dangerous Condition Prompts Road Closure in Mississauga
- VIDEO: Aftermath of multi-vehicle crash involving Mississauga Transit bus sends four to hospital
- Mississauga man murdered at Wasaga Beach, Brampton man one of two charged
- Mississauga firefighters dealing with blaze at Petro Canada refinery
- Oakville driver stabbed in face, Mississauga man now charged
- Brampton councillor ordered to pay court costs after losing case against city