Road Closed After Tree Nearly Falls on School Bus in Mississauga
Police have announced a road closure following a dangerous incident this afternoon in Mississauga.
At 3:27 p.m., police got a call regarding a fallen tree that narrowly missed a school bus in the area of Clarkson and Sayers Road, north of Southdown at Lakeshore.
According to police, 72 school children (ranging between 7 and 10 years old) were on the bus at the time of the incident.
There were no injuries.
The occupants are being loaded onto another bus, police say.
Sayers Road is closed as the tree is being removed from the scene.
Photo courtesy of Peel Regional Police
- Police Launching "Back to School" Road Safety Campaign
- Dangerous Condition Prompts Road Closure in Mississauga
- Road Closed as Police Investigate Collision in Mississauga
- Lakeshore Road Closed for Homicide Investigation in Mississauga
- Police Investigating Following Dangerous Driving Incident in Mississauga