Road closed after dump truck collides with bridge in Mississauga
A road closure is in effect this morning and expected to last into the afternoon.
Police say an earlier crash at 8:50 a.m. resulted in a dump truck colliding with the bridge at Cawthra Road and Dundas Street East, causing damage to the railing.
Officers are on scene assisted by crews from the city, Peel Region, and CN Railway.
Northbound Cawthra at The Queensway is expected to remain closed for the next few hours.
Photos courtesy of Peel Police
- Road closed due to dump truck fire and large fuel spill in Mississauga
- Part of major road closed due to crash in Mississauga
- Dump truck protest causing delays for QEW drivers through Oakville
- Road Closed Following Transport Truck Crash on Mississauga Border
- Vehicle and Dump Truck Crash at Major Mississauga Intersection
- Drugs found at kids playland, 19 from Brampton busted as international trafficking ring smashed, police release all names
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- Police on scene in Brampton after man found with serious injuries, sources say gunplay suspected
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga
- Ontario rejects efforts on paid sick leave, says expanding police power was mistake