R.I.D.E. Checks Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
If you plan on driving to your ultimate Canada Day long weekend destination, you might want to be very careful of how much you imbibe before getting behind the wheel (which, of course, you should be doing anyways).
Police recently announced that the Peel Regional Police Road Safety Services division will be conducting R.I.D.E. spot checks throughout the region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon). They will also be conducting targeted enforcement to ensure all road rules are being obeyed at all times.
“Road safety is everyone's responsibility. The deaths, pain and heartache caused from irresponsible driving behaviour can be prevented,” says Inspector Paul Pogue.
Police are asking the public, whether they're driving to local or faraway destinations, to choose safe behaviours while travelling on roadways.
"It is incumbent upon the police and the public to work together to ensure that everyone gets to their destination safely," police wrote in a statement.
Police will be on the lookout for a number of dangerous behaviors, including impaired driving, dangerous driving and distracted driving.
Enjoy the long weekend and stay safe!
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- Exciting Nuit Blanche-Type Festival Coming to Mississauga For First Time Ever
- Mississauga is Asking Residents to Help it Create an Arts and Culture Master Plan
- Police Zeroing in on Dangerous Driving This Long Weekend
- Peel Police Launch Distracted Driving Campaign
- Multiple People Arrested During First Weekend of Impaired Driving Blitz
- Massive Amount of People Charged in Distracted Driving Blitz in Mississauga
- Major Police Blitz Hits Mississauga This Long Weekend