R.I.D.E. Checks Coming to Mississauga This Weekend
If you plan on driving to your ultimate Canada Day long weekend destination, you might want to be very careful of how much you imbibe before getting behind the wheel (which, of course, you should be doing anyways).
Police recently announced that the Peel Regional Police Road Safety Services division will be conducting R.I.D.E. spot checks throughout the region (Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon). They will also be conducting targeted enforcement to ensure all road rules are being obeyed at all times.
“Road safety is everyone's responsibility. The deaths, pain and heartache caused from irresponsible driving behaviour can be prevented,” says Inspector Paul Pogue.
Police are asking the public, whether they're driving to local or faraway destinations, to choose safe behaviours while travelling on roadways.
"It is incumbent upon the police and the public to work together to ensure that everyone gets to their destination safely," police wrote in a statement.
Police will be on the lookout for a number of dangerous behaviors, including impaired driving, dangerous driving and distracted driving.
Enjoy the long weekend and stay safe!
- Mississauga Set to Make Joint Bid for Amazon's Second North American Headquarters
- MUJI Introducing Unique New Winter Clothing Collection at Square One in Mississauga
- Very, Very Cheap Pizza Being Offered in Mississauga Today
- Top 5 Restaurants in Industrial Areas in Mississauga
- Stunning and Authentic Vietnamese Restaurant Now Open in Mississauga
- Police Zeroing in on Dangerous Driving This Long Weekend
- Peel Police Launch Distracted Driving Campaign
- Alarming Amount of Impaired Driving Charges Laid this Holiday Season in Mississauga
- Road Safety Campaign Puts Focus on Distracted Driving
- Mississauga Man Charged with Impaired Driving After Crashing into Police Cruiser and Pole