Reward Offered After “Vulgar” Graffiti Found in Mississauga
A Mississauga city councillor is offering a substantial reward to anyone who can help police identify who might be responsible for a "vulgar" graffiti spree in one of the city's residential neighbourhoods.
"Our ward has been plagued with a spree of graffiti over the past few days," wrote Ward 10 City Councillor Sue McFadden in a recent newsletter.
"This past week, the Lisgar Meadowbrook Trail and Osprey Marsh were hit with graffiti. [Recently], more graffiti appeared in the same area as well as further north along the trail."
McFadden says the graffiti, painted with black spray paint on trails, signs and bridges, contains images that are "vulgar in nature."
The letter also says an anti-semitic slur was painted in the area.
"This kind of graffiti fosters division, anger, hate and fear and, left unchecked, can have a significant negative impact on our community," she writes.
McFadden says staff have been out to clean the existing graffiti and intend to get rid of any more, should it crop up.
"While we make every effort to address these incidents immediately, in cases of hate-motivated tagging, it sometimes takes a little longer to clean it up because it needs to be documented by Mississauga Corporate Security and Peel Regional Police."
McFadden is offering a $500 reward for any useful tips.
"Do you know the taggers 'Wolf' or 'Cliff?,'" she writes. "I am offering a $500 reward for any information you provide to police that will help them find and arrest the person or persons responsible for the recent graffiti spree along the Lisgar Meadowbrook Trail and around the Osprey Marsh last night and this past weekend."
Anyone who sees graffiti is asked to report it to Peel police by calling the non-emergency phone number (905-453-3311) or submitting an online report. Graffiti can also be reported to the City of Mississauga by calling 3-1-1.
For more information about the incident, click here.
Photo courtesy of Sue McFadden’s e-newsletter
- VIDEO: Resident Outraged After Offensive Graffiti Discovered in Mississauga
- Mississauga Man Arrested for Anti-Republican Graffiti on Walmart
- Man arrested in connection with multiple graffiti incidents in Mississauga
- Three Teens Arrested Following Hate-Motivated Crime in Mississauga
- Mississauga church targeted for hate crime following controversial residential school remarks
- Unvaccinated students in Mississauga and Ontario will follow stricter COVID outbreak rules, Ontario top doc says
- $500,000 lotto winner from Mississauga thought it was a joke
- Burlington residents now have an additional splash pad to check out this summer
- Brampton restaurant ordered to pay $13K in missed wages to former cook
- Residential fire in Brampton closes down roadway Tuesday night