Restaurant and brewery about to open brand new location in Mississauga
When the beer gods close a door, they open a window a few months later.
Late last year, beer lovers were saddened to learn that The 3 Brewers/Les 3 Brasseurs restaurant in the Heartland Town Centre area in Mississauga was closing for good. That said, diners and drinkers received some good news in March 2020 when BUILD IT by Design, a Mississauga-based contracting company, announced that it was building a new Big Rig Kitchen and Brewery in the space.
Last week, Big Rig announced that its Mississauga location—the first in the city—will officially open on Aug. 20. The restaurant also announced that it will open another restaurant in Richmond Hill in September.
The brand already operates two locations in Ottawa.
"We are very excited to share our passion for great comfort food and award-winning craft beer in this market. Toronto has always been at the centre of our expansion strategy. We have expanded our menu offerings as well, specifically for this market," said Billy Arvanitis, Vice-President of Operations for Big Rig, in a statement.
In addition to its Big Rig Kitchen & Brewery locations, Big Rig is also an award-winning brewer that recently received three medals—two gold, one silver—at the Canadian Brewer awards. In June 2019, the brand welcomed Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and former U.S. President Barack Obama to the brewery for some "iconic beers."
The company said the new Mississauga restaurant will feature a smokehouse section that will feature a variety of dishes such as brisket, ribs, pulled pork and smoked meatloaf. The restaurant will also boast a new a la carte weekend brunch menu.
The resto also serves chicken tenders, nachos, tacos, sticky pork belly bites, poutine, pasta, fried chicken, fish and chips, pad Thai, butter chicken, jambalaya, burgers, salads, pizza, steak, sandwiches and more.
Big Rig beer is available in over 1,000 locations throughout Canada.
Will you be tasting the same beer that once touched Obama's lips soon?
- Here’s When a Trendy Craft Brewery Will Finally Open in Mississauga
- These Mississauga Beer Store locations will be open this coming Civic Holiday Monday
- These Mississauga Beer Store Locations Will be Open on Boxing Day
- Popular bar and restaurant closing down in Mississauga
- Brand New Restaurant Opening at Heartland Town Centre in Mississauga
- Elementary school classes set to be reorganized in Mississauga
- Deceased male located near creek in Mississauga
- Woman assaulted by stranger in unprovoked attack in Mississauga: Police
- PHOTOS: A look at the most and least expensive homes that just changed hands in Mississauga
- BREAKING: Ontario rolls back social gathering limits in response to rising COVID-19 cases