Residents Warned of Major Canada's Wonderland Ticket Scam
Summer is the perfect time to spend the day at an epic amusement park, and it can be exciting to find discounted tickets. But if you're planning a trip to Canada's Wonderland this summer, you'll want to be careful of where you purchase your tickets.
Ticket scams are not uncommon, and now, the GTA's most popular theme park is warning park-goers of fake tickets circulating on Facebook.
According to The Canadian Press, fake social media posts are advertising heavily discounted tickets.
Canada's Wonderland warns that these offers and websites are not sponsored by the company in any way, and there was a similar scheme spreading across WhatsApp.
The fraudulent posts say that you can get five free tickets to the park, linking to "wonderland-ca.win".
According to The Canadian Press, the link leads to a web page to complete an online survey, then tells you to share the link to get the free tickets.
Here's what the posts look like:
York Regional Police have been notified of the scam, according to The Canadian Press.
So if you're planning to go to Canada's Wonderland this summer, it's best to purchase tickets from sellers you can be sure are legitimate.
Those include the official website, at the Canada’s Wonderland front gate or from authorized ticket dealers, which include Costco, Perkopolis and Venngo.
- SCAM ALERT: Police Warn About Fraudulent Tickets and Parking Passes in the GTA
- Canada's Wonderland Outranks Disneyland On List Of 50 North American Amusement Parks
- Canada's Wonderland preparing for a possibly shortened season due to COVID-19
- Air Canada introducing a new way for customers to purchase tickets
- Canada's Wonderland is Building Longest, Fastest, Highest Roller-Coaster for 2019
- Police investigating after body found in storage facility in Mississauga
- Face-coverings now required in common areas of condos and apartment buildings in Mississauga
- Police hoping to identify man who reversed into a woman in Mississauga
- Take a Left for Some of the Best Restaurants and Cafés in Mississauga
- The Lost Village of Summerville