Residents should beware of this new convincing text scam in Mississauga
A new scam is making the rounds and residents should be cautious not to fall victim to it.
You (or someone you know) may have recently gotten a text message from an unknown number claiming you have a pending sum of money to be claimed.
The message may claim to be from Rogers Wireless or another company, and includes a suspicious link that you definitely shouldn’t click (your phone most likely won’t be able to display a preview of the link).
It may look something like this:
As always, these kinds of text message scams should be ignored and promptly deleted. Blocking the number may also help in some situations.
Residents who are unsure of whether or not a message is legitimate are better off directly contacting the company or organization for verification.
- Unique grocery store closes down in Mississauga
- PHOTOS: Plane lands without wheel at Pearson Airport in Mississauga
- The longest picket line ever could be coming to Mississauga this Friday
- PHOTOS: Driver injured after crashing into tanker truck in Mississauga
- Here’s when a highly-anticipated breakfast and brunch restaurant will open in Mississauga