Residents should beware of this new convincing text scam in Mississauga
A new scam is making the rounds and residents should be cautious not to fall victim to it.
You (or someone you know) may have recently gotten a text message from an unknown number claiming you have a pending sum of money to be claimed.
The message may claim to be from Rogers Wireless or another company, and includes a suspicious link that you definitely shouldn’t click (your phone most likely won’t be able to display a preview of the link).
It may look something like this:
As always, these kinds of text message scams should be ignored and promptly deleted. Blocking the number may also help in some situations.
Residents who are unsure of whether or not a message is legitimate are better off directly contacting the company or organization for verification.
- BREAKING: COVID-19 outbreak declared at Credit Valley Hospital in Mississauga
- VIDEO: People going nuts for Krispy Kreme doughnuts in Mississauga
- Mississauga up to 200 confirmed cases of COVID-19
- Police say they are not ticketing drivers for having more than one person in a vehicle
- The Truth Behind the Mysterious Koliba Park in Mississauga