Residents should beware of this new convincing text scam in Mississauga
A new scam is making the rounds and residents should be cautious not to fall victim to it.
You (or someone you know) may have recently gotten a text message from an unknown number claiming you have a pending sum of money to be claimed.
The message may claim to be from Rogers Wireless or another company, and includes a suspicious link that you definitely shouldn’t click (your phone most likely won’t be able to display a preview of the link).
It may look something like this:
As always, these kinds of text message scams should be ignored and promptly deleted. Blocking the number may also help in some situations.
Residents who are unsure of whether or not a message is legitimate are better off directly contacting the company or organization for verification.
- Mississauga man still shocked over big lotto win
- Peel’s top doctor says Mississauga’s lockdown could work in short-term, says more needs to be done long-term to address spread
- Peel District schools in Mississauga with reported cases of COVID-19 – November 24
- Dufferin-Peel Catholic District schools in Mississauga with reported COVID-19 cases – November 24
- Employees at Mississauga Shoppers Drug Mart test positive for COVID-19