Residents can post signs reminding Mississauga drivers to slow down
Published May 13, 2021 at 2:51 pm
If you feel like speeding is becoming an issue in your neighbourhood, or perhaps you live near a park or playground, the City of Mississauga is offering you a way to remind drivers to take it easy.
You can post a ‘Please Slow Down’ lawn sign on your property to encourage safe driving and to lower vehicle speeds on your street. The signs are produced by the City and are free.
There are a few rules about where the signs can be placed. You must ensure that your sign doesn’t create any obstruction or hazard for road users. The signs must:
- Only be placed directly on or in front of your property;
- Be set-back a minimum of two feet from the curb or the edge of the road;
- Not obstruct the road, median, traffic island, sidewalk, bicycle path or multi-use trail;
- Be placed three metres or more from a fire hydrant;
- Be inserted into the ground using the wire frame only.
Your sign may be removed or relocated at any time if it is unsafe. Residents make suretheir lawn sign is safely maintained and replace it when:
- The wire frame becomes damaged, bent, dislodged from the ground;
- The plastic covering is damaged or removed;
- The sign has other safety issues or cannot stay secured into the ground.
Mississauga residents can get a sign by calling 311 (905-615-4311 outside City limits).insauga's Editorial Standards and Policies