Region ramping up preparations for COVID-19 vaccine roll-out in Mississauga
The Region of Peel says that its Community Mass Vaccination Plan, which details how the region and community partners will work to vaccinate residents, was submitted to the province on Jan. 31, 2021, and shared at regional council today.
According to the region, two community vaccination clinics will open later this month for groups currently prioritized for vaccination and will run when vaccines arrive. They include:
- 7120 Hurontario St. in Mississauga - this clinic will be used as a model for our future community clinics
- 10 Peel Centre Dr. in Brampton.
Additional clinic locations have been finalized and include:
- Caledon East Community Complex, 6215 Old Church Road, Caledon East
- Brampton Soccer Centre, 1495 Sandalwood Parkway East, Brampton
- Paramount Fine Foods Centre, 5500 Rose Cherry Place, Mississauga
These additional clinics will serve the priority population first and will open once vaccine supply is confirmed. They will eventually be open for the general public by appointment, along with the other locations and options such as hospitals, Ontario Health teams, primary care, and community pharmacies.
The region says there may be some changes to previously-announced sites.
"We continue to work closely with our municipal partners and local community businesses to secure more sites across Peel. Once details on these sites are finalized, we will publicly communicate their locations," the region said in a statement.
As for who will be eligible to receive the vaccine and when, the region says broad communication on all details will be shared in different languages through a variety of ways, including the Region of Peel's website, social media platforms and many print and digital channels.
As of Feb. 2, over 33,000 doses of vaccine have been administered across Peel Region, including over 8,500 given onsite in long-term care and high-risk retirement homes.
The region says the goal is to have all long-term care and high-risk retirement home sites, with both doses administered, completed by end of February 2021.
- Region expands hours at mass vaccination sites in Brampton and Mississauga
- Brampton Soccer Centre vaccination clinic can deliver 500 doses an hour
- Hamilton to begin bringing COVID-19 vaccine to residents at long-term care and high-risk homes
- Peel Region plans to vaccinate people in Mississauga and Brampton who are housebound
- Here's how the vaccine will be rolled out in Mississauga
- Maxmillion lotto prizes won in Mississauga, Burlington, Milton and jackpot in Toronto
- Moderna will be the only vaccine used until mid July in Mississauga and Brampton for adults
- Burlington and Oakville filming locations for Handmaid's Tale television series
- Photo radar begins in Mississauga next month at these locations
- 2 winning tickets for Saturday’s $6 million Lotto 649 jackpot