Region of Peel Moves Forward on Reducing Homelessness in Mississauga
You may or may not be aware of the fact that poverty is prominent in Mississauga and beyond. Now, the Region of Peel has added a new initiative that aims to reduce homeless across Peel Region.
If you have an idea for a project that seeks to prevent and reduce homelessness, now's the time to pull together a proposal - the Region of Peel and the Homelessness Partnering Strategy's (HPS) Community Advisory Board have issued a call for proposals for a one-year grant for Support Services and Capital Projects.
So, if you're creative, have experience with social justice, and you want to contribute to the future of Peel Region - more specifically, finding a way to prevent and reduce homelessness - you'll want to submit an application for this grant.
"Projects must focus on activities that help ensure people who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness are able to stabilize their living arrangements and circumstances to move beyond emergency needs," said the region in a statement.
Successful applicants will receive a grant starting April 1, 2018 and ending March 31, 2019.
You can check out HPS for more information, and application form, submission instructions and information session dates and times.
Have some time to spare before the application deadline?
"Organizations are strongly encouraged to attend an information session prior to applying," said the region.
HPS is actually a federally funded program to be proactive against homelessness. Across Brampton, Caledon, and Mississauga, the Region of Peel brings initiatives like these to the over one million people who live here.
This is a pretty exciting opportunity for anyone who wants to contribute to a future-ready city.
For full details, click here.
- Province Injecting Money into Ending Chronic Homelessness by 2025
- United Way of Peel Invests in Homelessness Intervention Strategy
- Mississauga Library Receives Funding to Fight Homelessness
- Peel launches expanded services to help combat homelessness in Mississauga
- How Many People Are Homeless in Mississauga?
- House of the week: Spectacular $4.3 mil Lorne Park home with wine cellar
- PHOTOS: Over 100 townhouses planned for brand new neighbourhood in Mississauga
- Fido and Rogers report Canada-wide service disruptions
- Still no answer from feds as 14 flights land at Mississauga's Pearson Airport with COVID-19
- Here's where the new Automated Speed Enforcement cameras are in Mississauga