Region of Peel accepting personal protective equipment (PPE) donations
If you want to help frontline medical workers obtain personal protective equipment (PPE), you can.
The Region of Peel just announced that it's accepting donations of unopened, unused and unexpired PPE. The region is also accepting monetary donations.
The region also says that donations can be made Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at 10 Peel Centre Drive in Brampton or 7120 Hurontario St. in Mississauga.
"Many residents and businesses have contacted the Region looking for ways to help out our community," said Cathy Granger, Interim Commissioner of Health Services for the Region of Peel, in a statement.
"We will distribute all the PPE we collect to frontline health care workers at hospitals and long-term care facilities, public health workers, community service workers and shelters."
The region is accepting N95 masks, surgical masks, surgical gowns, surgical gloves, and eye protection (such as face shields and protective medical goggles).
For large donations, courier services can be arranged by contacting COVIDdonations [at] peelregion [dot] ca.
Monetary donations can be made through cheque or money order addressed to the Region of Peel.
- Peel opens emergency child care centres amid COVID-19 outbreak to support health care and frontline workers
- VIDEO: Dr. Loh, Chief Medical Officer for the Region of Peel answers questions about COVID-19
- Hospital holds mask drive as groups sound alarm over impending shortage
- Region of Peel takes stronger measures to keep COVID-19 patients quarantined
- BREAKING: Peel Public Health reports region's first COVID-19 related death