Region expands hours at mass vaccination sites in Brampton and Mississauga
The Region of Peel says it's changing the hours at its mass vaccination clinics in Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon.
Effective May 1 and May 8, two community COVID vaccination clinics will be open for additional hours each day, resulting in an increase of 750 appointments per day.
As of May 1, the clinic located at the Save Max Sports Centre in Brampton will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. This location had previously been open from 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
As of May 8, the clinic located at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre in Mississauga will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. This location had previously been open from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Appointment availability will be dependent on vaccine supply.
The region says the vaccination clinic in Caledon East will undergo an expansion in early May, allowing for an increase of 650 appointments per day at the Caledon East Community Complex.
The region also says the clinic at 7120 Hurontario Street has been reconfigured to allow for an "improved flow through the facility."
"The longer operating hours at Save Max Sports Centre and at Paramount Fine Foods Centre will allow more flexibility for people who prefer off-peak appointments, or who need to book appointments before or after work," said Dr. Lawrence Loh, Medical Officer of Health, Region of Peel, in a statement.
"Also, optimizing our existing clinics will help increase capacity and efficiency. As we see room for improvement, we will make changes to help accelerate the number of people in Peel who can get their vaccination."
Eleven community vaccination sites are currently operational throughout Caledon, Brampton and Mississauga and 144 pharmacies across the region are offering vaccinations for adults over 40.
Cover photo courtesy of The Canadian Press
- Brampton Soccer Centre vaccination clinic can deliver 500 doses an hour
- First look at the Save Max Sports Centre vaccine clinic in Brampton
- Same-day COVID-19 vaccination appointments available today in Mississauga and Brampton
- 13 more pop-up vaccination clinics planned for Brampton
- New shuttle service will bring people to vaccination clinics in Mississauga
- Canada Revenue Agency scam backfires, three from Brampton now face charges
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Police bring down organized crime group breaking into Mississauga homes
- Peel Region reporting 784 new cases of COVID-19 in Brampton, Mississauga, and Caledon—7.4 per cent decrease from previous day
- Peel Public Health orders Mississauga business to close due to outbreak of COVID-19