RBC Text Message Scam has Re-Surfaced in Mississauga
Although you might know a scam when you see it, others—particularly older adults who are not as familiar with new technology—might not.
As recently as today, Mississauga residents reported receiving text messages from a user posing as RBC. The text, which has grammatical errors, says "Someone Sign On your RBC Account Online today with IP..." and asks the reader to click a link to "secure access" to his or her bank account.
This is a pretty blatant phishing scam, but some people—especially those who have been shopping at stores they may not normally frequent due to the holidays—might indeed worry that their RBC credit or debit card has been compromised.
With Christmas just a few weeks away and many a shopping trip on the horizon, remember that no legitimate financial institution will inform you of a compromised card or account via email or text.
- Former Mississauga Mayoral Candidate Charged with Hate-Motivated Crime
- Massive New Food Delivery Service Has Arrived in Mississauga
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: Mississauga Candidate Gets into Heated Argument with Voters over Signs
- More Police Officers are Coming to Mississauga's Streets
- Top 5 Under the Radar Patios in Mississauga