Rainfall Warning in Effect for Mississauga
Heavy rain across Mississauga, Brampton and surrounding areas has prompted a rainfall warning from Environment Canada on Thursday morning.
An estimated 40 mm to 70 mm of rain is expected through Saturday.
“The ground, already near saturation, has little ability to absorb further rainfall,” reads the warning.
Rain will hit the region Thursday afternoon “and is forecast to persist through Saturday as the weather system responsible stalls over the region.”
The rain is expected to taper to showers Saturday night.
Sunshine is predicted to return on Monday with a high of 11 C.
- Mississauga has an interactive map for coyote sightings
- Mississauga residents reminded to properly dispose of certain household goods
- Mississauga high school teacher charged with sexual assault
- 165 new COVID-19 cases reported in Ontario, nine new cases found in Mississauga
- Here's what's coming to Netflix Canada in July 2020