Rainfall Warning in Effect for Mississauga
Heavy rain across Mississauga, Brampton and surrounding areas has prompted a rainfall warning from Environment Canada on Thursday morning.
An estimated 40 mm to 70 mm of rain is expected through Saturday.
“The ground, already near saturation, has little ability to absorb further rainfall,” reads the warning.
Rain will hit the region Thursday afternoon “and is forecast to persist through Saturday as the weather system responsible stalls over the region.”
The rain is expected to taper to showers Saturday night.
Sunshine is predicted to return on Monday with a high of 11 C.
- Father from Mississauga celebrating a big lotto win living out his ‘Price is Right’ dream
- Five-year-old child crossing road on bike in Mississauga dies after being struck by vehicle
- Weddings and buffets could be back as early as fall in Mississauga and Brampton
- BREAKING: All Mississauga and Brampton residents over 18 will be able to book vaccine appointments May 6
- Brampton bylaw officer assaulted while trying to break up birthday party