Rainfall Warning in Effect for Mississauga
Heavy rain across Mississauga, Brampton and surrounding areas has prompted a rainfall warning from Environment Canada on Thursday morning.
An estimated 40 mm to 70 mm of rain is expected through Saturday.
“The ground, already near saturation, has little ability to absorb further rainfall,” reads the warning.
Rain will hit the region Thursday afternoon “and is forecast to persist through Saturday as the weather system responsible stalls over the region.”
The rain is expected to taper to showers Saturday night.
Sunshine is predicted to return on Monday with a high of 11 C.
- Looks like Mississauga and Brampton will be moving into grey lockdown zone on March 9
- Oakville man caught speeding twice in 11 minutes
- PHOTOS: A look inside a mass vaccination clinic in Mississauga
- UPDATE: Missing 13-year-old girl located in good health
- Construction coming to busy GO Station and street to make way for Hurontario LRT in Mississauga