Rainfall Warning in Effect for Mississauga
Heavy rain across Mississauga, Brampton and surrounding areas has prompted a rainfall warning from Environment Canada on Thursday morning.
An estimated 40 mm to 70 mm of rain is expected through Saturday.
“The ground, already near saturation, has little ability to absorb further rainfall,” reads the warning.
Rain will hit the region Thursday afternoon “and is forecast to persist through Saturday as the weather system responsible stalls over the region.”
The rain is expected to taper to showers Saturday night.
Sunshine is predicted to return on Monday with a high of 11 C.
- Worker at Shoppers Drug Mart in Mississauga tests positive for COVID-19
- HBC sues landlord of Square One, Yorkdale claiming failure to run ‘first class’ malls
- Mississauga restaurateurs plead for help amid second indoor dining ban
- Lotto 649 jackpot sold in Brampton
- Police looking for 13 year old last seen in Mississauga