Rain Alert in Effect for Mississauga
A special weather statement is officially in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caleton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada says total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely Good Friday and Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario.
The weather agency says that although the ground is generally no longer frozen, it will still have a limited ability to absorb this rainfall. As a result, some ponding of water is possible in low-lying areas.
The rainfall warning criterion of 50 millimetres of rain within 24 hours is not expected to be reached in general.
At this point it looks like the rain will end in time for Easter Sunday morning.
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton students will be learning from home for the foreseeable future
- House of the Week: $6.5 mil home with wine cellar and outdoor kitchen
- Massive $50 million mansion in Mississauga is being used to film Amazon's "The Boys"
- Mississauga man believed to be 1st Canadian with COVID-destroyed lungs gets transplant