Rain Alert in Effect for Mississauga
A special weather statement is officially in effect for Halton and Peel (Mississauga, Brampton, Caleton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton and Halton Hills).
Environment Canada says total rainfall amounts of 25 to 50 millimetres are likely Good Friday and Saturday as a series of low pressure systems from the Southern Plains states affect Southern Ontario.
The weather agency says that although the ground is generally no longer frozen, it will still have a limited ability to absorb this rainfall. As a result, some ponding of water is possible in low-lying areas.
The rainfall warning criterion of 50 millimetres of rain within 24 hours is not expected to be reached in general.
At this point it looks like the rain will end in time for Easter Sunday morning.
- Police And Paramedics Assisting Medical Emergency On Scene In Mississauga
- Adorable Kensington Market-Based Store Opens New Location in Square One in Mississauga
- Truck and Bus Collide in Mississauga
- An Interesting Change is Coming to Port Credit's Iconic Lighthouse
- Some Permanent Changes Coming to Garbage Collection in Mississauga