Raid on Brampton home turns up guns and ammunition
A police raid on a Brampton home has led to the recovery of guns and ammunition.
Peel Regional Police say they carried out the search warrant on a home in the Chinguacousy Rd. and Charolais Blvd. and Wednesday (February 24) afternoon.
At the scene police found a .22 calibre rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun, a stock for a sawed-off shotgun, a black pistol grip and numerous rounds of ammunition.
As a result, Gurmit Chahil, 44, of Brampton is charged with possession of a weapon obtained by crime and two counts of knowingly possessing an unauthorized firearm.
He is scheduled for a bail hearing today.
- Select Mississauga and Brampton residents between 18 and 49 can book vaccines this week
- Mass rollout of the 18+ vaccination sites in hotspots weeks away in Mississauga
- Couple charged following hate-related incident in parking lot in Mississauga
- Speed cushions to be installed on four Mississauga roads
- Mississauga and Brampton rolling out mobile vaccine clinics targeting essential workers