Raid on Brampton home turns up guns and ammunition
A police raid on a Brampton home has led to the recovery of guns and ammunition.
Peel Regional Police say they carried out the search warrant on a home in the Chinguacousy Rd. and Charolais Blvd. and Wednesday (February 24) afternoon.
At the scene police found a .22 calibre rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun, a stock for a sawed-off shotgun, a black pistol grip and numerous rounds of ammunition.
As a result, Gurmit Chahil, 44, of Brampton is charged with possession of a weapon obtained by crime and two counts of knowingly possessing an unauthorized firearm.
He is scheduled for a bail hearing today.
- Gun, ammunition, drugs found during raid on Brampton home
- Guns and Ammunition Seized From Mississauga Home
- Police Investigate Theft of Guns, 675 Rounds of Ammunition in Mississauga
- Five facing numerous charges after police seize guns and drugs in Mississauga and Brampton
- Two Brampton men facing charges after police seize drugs and firearm
- Brampton father found guilty in severe malnutrition of his 21-month-old daughter
- WATCH: Hamilton Police release video of Barton Street shooting
- Mississauga transit buses now have seats that are unsafe to sit in
- "Don't paint the hydrants" Mississauga fire department tells the public
- Free Summer Scavenger Hunt happening in Hamilton